Job Title: Install Crew MemberLocation: 2271 Hollands Chapel Road Apex, NC, 27523 United StatesBase Pay: $13.50 – $14.50 / Hour
Employee Type: Full Time Non-Exempt
Job Category: Crew Member, Install, Enhancements
Industry: Landscape, Agriculture, Horticulture
Minimum Experience: 1 Year
Maximum Experience: 9 Years
Required Degree: NONE
- Name: Janie Conde
- Phone: 919-388-9878
- Email: Jobs@landmarklandscapes.net
Description Landscape Crew Member Yard-Nique, Inc. – Apex, NC
Position type: This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with variable hours, beginning at 7:00am. Occasional weekend work and over 40 hours as needed.
Reports to: Crew Leader
Summary: The primary purpose of the Maintenance Crew Member is to perform landscape maintenance tasks in a safe manner under the supervision of a Landscape Maintenance Crew Leader, in accordance with Yard-Nique’s high quality and WOW customer service standards.
- Follow instructions for landscape installation activities on a daily basis to complete installation projects in accordance with Yard-Nique Customer Service, according to our Quality and Industry standards.
- Maintain safety and security for yourself other team members and customers on job sites.
- Effectively prioritize tasks and follow instructions from supervisors on assigned projects.
- Use Planting and Sodding knowledge and skills to read landscape plans; use industry standard planting, spacing and watering techniques to ensure all plants and trees are installed properly and ensure proper growth environments
- Use Grading knowledge and skills to operate track loaders and perform basic maintenance of landscape equipment and tools
- Use Irrigation (IRR) knowledge and skills to evaluate and/or operate irrigation systems (as assigned).
- Communicate effectively with crew leaders, customers and other crew members. Resolve problems with a sense of urgency and sound judgment with an overall attention to saftey
- Build positive relationships with customers, managers and other employees.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1-2 years experience performing landscape installation or related tasks
- Basic knowledge of Irrigation, Grading, Planting and Sod techniques and tools associated with these landscape tasks
- Interact and communicate effectively with others in a courteous manner
- Experience using Skid-steers (variable landscape attachments); Compact track trenchers and Excavators (Preferred)
- Irrigation knowledge and experience (Preferred)
- Valid driver’s license (Preferred)
- Ability to follow safety procedures and follow directions from managers and crew leaders
- Ability to work all daily assigned hours, in normal work week
- Ability to perform the physical work load as assigned, in the environment and time frame described
- Ability to show up to work in a timely manner with a guaranteed ride during normal work week hours
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to strenuous work in adverse weather conditions, as well as exposure to dirt, water, chemicals, noise, etc.
Physical Demands The duties of this job require:
- Using upper and lower body to work in various positions including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, squatting, and walking for extended periods of time
- Reaching over head with hands and arm to hold, climb, balance and/or (un)load
- Using hands to handle tools and feel for objects above and below ground
- Lifting, pulling and pushing materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds regularly and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
Travel: Crew members travel from main operations building to job sites in company truck and back on a daily basis.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, based on business need.
Job Type: Full-time; Seasonal
Landscaping: 1 year
Required license or certification:
Drivers License Preferred